Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cleared: No More Christian Nice Guy

This was an especially powerful book to me, because I've often struggled with what the author refers to as sins of omission. I've often done nothing when I should have done something. I have allowed myself to be cowardly, paranoid, and fearful at times, and I tend to value the known and stability. I shun risk. None of this is doing me, or anyone else, least of all God, any good. And this book just blew that wide open for me. Paul Coughlin makes a wonderful case for courage, assertiveness, and righteousness over passivity and not rocking the boat. Implementing what I've learned in this book is going to be hard, but It's going to be worth it. I'd recommend this without reservation to any Christian, and that goes double for any Christian man.

No comments:

Post a Comment