Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cleared: King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend is a fantastic not-so little fantasy turn-based strategy game in the same vein as the Disciples or Heroes of Might & Magic series. Unlike those series, however, your army is going to be in a constant state of flux as you refill your ranks from whatever sorts of troops are available locally. (The next time I play through, I'm going to see if I can confront the end boss with Royal Snakes, Orc Shamans, Red Dragons, Cyclopses, and Dryads) It's ridiculously fun, fairly deep, and full of all sorts of agreeable complexity, just like a turn-based game should be. If you're a fan of the other games I mentioned above and you've not tried this, you owe it to yourself to fix that! I would recommend this game to any fan, even casual ones, of the genre. I will be digging into the sequel, King's Bounty: Armored Princess, pretty much immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment