Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Elimination: Dune

Cleared: 12/22/2009 at 7:25pm
Verdict: Liked. A lot.

Dune was lent to me by a good friend of mine who prefers not to be written about by name online. I sat on it for a long time while I finished the semester and my wife and I have been watching a disc a night for the last 3 days. It's very, very, very good. (Note that this is the 2000 miniseries, not the 1984 movie.) The characters were interesting, the plot was good, and setting is very cool. (The fashion was very, very odd.) I've never read the books, but this makes me want to give them a shot. All throughout the whole thing, I kept thinking "this all could have been avoided if the emperor had just had the stones to support the good people he installed instead of assuming they were a threat to him, which became a self-fulfilling prophecy." Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment