Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Elimination: Jagged Alliance 2

Cleared: 2/23/2010 at 9:00 PM
Verdict: Best PC game, ever


Wow, what a ride. I originally picked up Jagged Alliance 2 right after it came out in 1999 and had never, up until this point, beaten it. In a way, it was because I liked it too much. The game is amazingly good, and with the fan-created 1.13 patch on top (which adds lots of new weapons that have been invented since 1999 and a new inventory system based around load-bearing equipment, weather effects, and improvements to the AI) it's absolutely sublime. The graphics and voice acting are dated by today's standards, but holy cow, the gameplay is amazing. If you've never played it, it is well worth the $10 gog.com is charging for it. I was tempted to "retire" this one and take it off the backlog without completing it, and in fact, for a few days I had a post here that said that that was my intention, but then I realized how lame that was and made myself push through to the end. 11 years to beat a game. Sheesh. Better late than never, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment