Friday, March 18, 2011

Cleared: Dragon Age II

Well that was a ride! I just finished what is certain to be the first of several play-throughs of Dragon Age 2, and I'm very impressed. Dragon Age: Origins took place in an entire country, but Dragon Age 2 confines itself to the city of Kirkwall and the surrounding areas and manages to tell a very compelling story. Bioware made some gameplay changes from Origins and switched to Mass Effect's dialog system, but the feel of the world remains consistent. On the first time through, I just picked the default story assumptions and moved on from there. I think now I'm going to get a save of Dragon Age: Origins that I really like and import it, and see what that changes. I'd recommend this one, strongly. The game is a LOT of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment