Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cleared: Love Wins

Love Wins is the newest book by Rob Bell, a young pastor from Michigan. The book is basically a treatise on what could be described as a compromise between Christian Inclusivism and full-blown Christian Unitarianism. A few years ago, I would have been pretty dismissive of such a thing on its face, but I gave it a chance, and Bell makes a very compelling scriptural case for his points. I'm not going to attempt to summarize too much, but suffice to say that he and C.S. Lewis would find a lot of common ground on the subject of salvation and the afterlife, particularly as presented in Lewis's work The Great Divorce. I'm also not entirely sure how completely I agree. Love Wins has generated quite a stir, in any case. Copies are flying off the shelves of the bookstore I work at, and discussion online has already started to heat up. Read it for yourself, then grab your Bible and compare the verses he references in context and see if you agree with me that the man's got a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment