Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The List, Part 4: Nonfiction Books

Beyond Band of Brothers: Dick Winters is still held up as one of the truly great military officers of WWII and sometimes even of all time. I imagine he's got some interesting things to say!

Citizen Soldiers: I read about half of this (this is a bad habit of mine, if you can't tell....) back in the day and never finished it.

Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto: As I've mentioned before, I'm pretty conservative politically, and I've consumed a good chunk of this in audio format already. I'd like to finish it. Levin is pretty solid on the issues, but he really gets worked up on his show, and I prefer the calmer, more matter-of-fact tone of his book.

Licensed to Kill: Hired Guns in the War on Terror: I find the PMCs working over in warzones to be kind of interesting, and I thought it might be fun to read a book on them.

Life After Death: The Evidence: I recently discovered Dinesh D'Souza, and after listening to some audio clips of him, I've decided to give his books a shot. This is one of them.

On Combat: The "sequel" to On Killing by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, the guy who wrote the "Sheepdog Speech". Given how thought provoking that was to me, I'd like to se what else the man has to say.

On Killing: See above.

The Gift of Fear: Highly recommended out of the blue by a friend.

The Long Walk: It was just recently made into a movie, but I was interested in this book before that ever happened. The book deals with some people who escaped a Soviet gulag and walked all the way to India. That's gotta be a fascinating tale.

The Sociopath Next Door: Another book I started and never finished.

What's so Great About America?: Another Dinesh D'Souza book.

What's so Great About Christianity?: Dinesh D'Souza again.

No comments:

Post a Comment