Saturday, January 8, 2011

The List, Part 5: Movies

Ack! I'm slacking. No post for several days and The List still isn't complete. Shame on me. Anyway, here's the list of movies:

9: A post-apocalyptic 3D-animated tale about robots produced by Tim Burton and directed by Timur Bekmambetov. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking; that doesn't sound like a fun movie for a geek at all. Silly me.

28 Weeks Later: I'm not much of a pure horror fan, but I really, really liked 28 Days Later, and this is the sequel.

Alien: I liked Aliens, but never saw the first one. I figure I probably should, so here it is.

Blood: The Last Vampire (cleared): I like martial arts and fantasy elements. Not sure what else to say. It was okay, but nothing great.

Bullitt: I really, really love a good car chase, and this is supposedly one of the classic car chase movies. That made it a shoe-in for the list.

Children of Men: As much as I'm not a fan of pure horror, I do like a good bleak sci-fi movie. From what I understand, this one is pretty well-made, too, so I'll give it a shot.

Daybreakers: As I mentioned earlier, I don't like pure horror. Action horror is another story altogether. This also looks like smart, dystopian action horror. Really, I can't wait to watch this one. Willem Dafoe is just Icing on the cake.

Eden Log: Ran across it on Netflix, thought it sounded interesting, but haven't had the inclination to actually watch it yet.

Event Horizon: I have a feeling that if I can ever get up the nerve to watch this trippy horror-in-space film, it'll make for a great gaming reference.

From Paris With Love: I love a good full-throttle action movie, and this one looks like it will not disappoint. Travolta's a halfway decent action star, too.

Gran Torino: I love the idea of old man Eastwood cleaning up the neighborhood.

High Noon: A classic western I've been told I really should watch.

Inception (cleared): Again, WOW. A worthy successor to The Matrix.

Live Free or Die Hard:  I liked the other Die Hard movies, and I liked Red. This is a bridge of sorts between the two.

Max Payne: I had fun with the video games, and this movie makes Max out to be some sort of supernatural avenger. Doesn't look like Art, but it should be fun.

Pale Rider: Another classic western that I hear I should watch.

Pan's Labyrinth: A weird, creepy quasi-modern fairytale that I've been told is excellent.

Quantum of Solace: It's the newest Bond flick and I've yet to see it.

RocknRolla: See my entry on "From Paris with Love."

Seraphim Falls: Another cool-looking modern Western with some actors I like.

Smokin' Aces: See my entry on "From Paris with Love."

Taking Chance: A recommendation from a friend in the service.

The Book of Eli: A cool-looking post-apocalyptic adventure movie. Denzel Washington is usually good, too.

The Hurt Locker: I like military films, and this is purported to be one of the best.

The Losers: See my entry on "From Paris with Love."

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: Michael Bay movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. They're often not all that smart, but the fun explodiness makes you not care.

No comments:

Post a Comment