Friday, January 14, 2011

The List, Part 6: TV Serieses

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Books 1, 2, and 3 (cleared): These were recommended to me by more people than anything's been recommended to me in a while. I finally gave the series a shot and instantly understood why. If you've not seen these yourself, give 'em a try.

John Adams: I find the founding of our nation to be a fascinating period of history, and from what I understand, this series is a fantastic one that does justice to that time.

The Equalizer, Season 1: I remember catching various episodes of this on TV when I was home sick as a kid. I've always liked crime thrillers and espionage stuff, and this is a mix of the two.

The Pacific: I really enjoyed Band of Brothers, and from what I understand, this is more of the same, but possibly even better.

The Shield, Season 7: I've seen seasons 1-6, and apparently this ties the story up neatly with a bow. I have to imagine the rest of the Strike Team is coming to a bad end, though.

The Unit, Season 1: I like paramilitary/espionage fiction, and this is purported to be one of the best modern shows of the genre.

The Walking Dead, Season 1: This comes highly recommended by multiple people I share tastes with, but I've been avoiding it based on its bleakness. I'm not sure I really want to deal with zombie survival horror right now, no matter how well executed it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment